• User CP
  • FAQ
  • Search
  • NaviNaviNavi
Danke! Danke!:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lea Halalela?

Lea Halalela?

Does anyone of you know what happend to www.leahalalela.com?
    I'm not able to view the page anymore and it used to be the biggest lionking-related discussion board around.

Was it hacked or were the admins forced to close it down?

I'd be really glad if somebody here knew what was going on.
    Thanks
    "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."
    Avatar gezeichnet von Atimon. Profilbild von Tacimur. Vielen Dank euch beiden!

A couple of people there were in trouble for copyright infringement, including my own character creations, and the admins there refused to deal with the situation.

If they are indeed down, it is probably for a good reason.

Really?
    So you mean some users were infringing copyrights and now this might have caused the downtime of the board in some way?

In this case, it's a good thing I keep my eyes on copyrights.

Thanks

I was really wondering for quite some time now, what has happened to Lea.
    And the admins take the board down and erase the domain "only" for some copyright violations? That's very hard and sad to hear.
    I liked this board very much, although the quality and activity in the past few years wasn't that much as it was before...

Do you know when they exactly shut it off, Justin? I recognize it last week, afair...
    HP: Simba - The Lion King

Vielen Dank an Shungi fuer den Avatar.

I am not sure what was taken down or why, but I'm not convinced that it was because of my issue.

Lea Halalela also became some sort of furry dramafest which was really bothersome. I stopped going there 3 years ago because of it.

Looks like Lea Halalela is still alive.

http://leahalalela.net/

http://forums.leahalalela.net/

However, something appears to be fishy. There are almost no postings left. I have to read through this to figure out what's going on.

Take a look in this Thread: http://forums.leahalalela.net/showthread.php?t=7

It seems to be someone makes a fork of Lea.

According to what I read the admin gave up on the old forum, however he sent the backups to someone else. Unfortunately, they seem to have been corrupted. And now those users at leahalalela.net are trying to restore the forum. Similiar to what I did with the Savannah, if I'm not mistaken.

That's typical... :/ Instead of giving the forum direct to a new administration crew, they erase the domain and kill all posts. But maybe they can restore some of the posts from the "backup". Unfortunately the forum was closed for public, then they can "easily" restore most of the post from google cache, or archive.org.

The new Forum itself still looks very under construction. That looks familiar, doesn't it? ^^

Sure

Hwoever, I doubt that the ones having acces to this "backup" know what to do with it in order to extract as many postings and threads as possible. Still, I'm glad to see what the "restorers" were capable of. They are doing a good job

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast