Danke! Danke!:  0

Thread: 2 things

Pridelander mit Erfahrung

2 things

Minor as they are.

I know you said you're still working on the site, but 2 minor things:
    1) Get away from using Times New Roman (or indeed default) font. It looks poor. Tahoma, Arial, Verdana or quite possible Georgia are never bad choices.
    2) When you try to make your email "uncrackable" you can't use a mailto link because crawlers snatch from code, too.

*wanders off*

1) Yes, I know, but I'm working on a more scalable version of this site and there I've choose some new fonts, who don't look such as 'poor' like you said. Furthermore I added some more features and I'm still looking for a new background image respectively to put this one at the green background and find one other, so that the text is better readable. Unfortunataly atm I don't have the time and honestly I was not in the mood, because I have a lot of other projects running. I hope I find enough time to make some progress in the semester break. However you just make me motivated to do something. ^^

2) But here you mean the 'old' site at lionking.org? I can't remeber that I do this on the new, because you're absolutely right. My lionking.org email address I don't check regulary and when I delete everthing, anyway. *coughs" I think this maybe the right time to set a link from there to the new one, altought it isn't complete, yet and I fear that will never be really complete at all.

Thx for your comments. I really appreciate this. ^^
    HP: Simba - The Lion King

Vielen Dank an Shungi fuer den Avatar.

Remember that most browsers nowadays have a feature that you can add your own cascading style sheet to change the overall look and feel of any given website, even if you want to override a font to replace it with one of your own.

I think that's exactly the point. I want to have a website, which is comfortable to browse with all webbrowsers, even textbrowsers. But nonetheless I'm still using CCS for the page design, but I also try to make it readable for other browsers, who don't include these features. Imo this is the proper way for (future) designs not this outdated kind of using tables to place design elements.. *shakes*
    If you are interested in my 'policy', look here:
    http://s-tlk.org/policy.php?lang=en

Btw, sry for my late reply, but I didn't recognise that you have posted here, too. Shame on me...
    HP: Simba - The Lion King

Vielen Dank an Shungi fuer den Avatar.